Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Tuesday Tackle #2

I tackled the rest of the closet that is our little office area. After Christmas I wasn't feeling well and stacked the books I had received haphazardly in there. Along with a few other things that weren't in their proper place.  
 I took it a shelf at a time and pulled everything out. I had been stacking Megan's schoolwork in there. Yes, I know she has been in school for five months. Sigh. I took the time to sort it and put into a binder.
As I was sorting the books I added some to my sell bag. I had already read a few of then that I had no interest in keeping. I also had been given a few that weren't my taste.
 I moved a few things around.
 Awww, so much better.
 I know this closet is rough.  When we made into our office area we moved shelves and never took the time to patch holes from where they previously were. There is also some missing paint that come off when the shelves were moved around. This area is on my list for a mini makeover this year. At this point pretty isn't my goal. I am working on culling things and organizing. Pretty will come later.
 
Next on my list was this cabinet in the kitchen.
Not everything had been put away after my trip to the grocery store and all of the Christmas goodies had been baked. Things were put into their proper place and a few things were tossed.
 
Now I feel like I can take a breath when I open the cabinet door. No longer do I fear what might jump out at me!
 
What project have you tackled in the last week? Tune in next Tuesday to see what homemaking debt I tackle.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

8 comments:

  1. I love to tackle projects like this. Hey, I still keep a weekly saving money jar that I learned from you a long time ago! Really enjoying your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work. I have been just tackling little things here and there. Like a drawer, closet, and book baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed our chat today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always feels SO good to clean up and organize an area that gets messy quickly. You did a great job with all the organizing, and I understand what you mean about the "pretty comes later". That's an excellent way to look at it. I have quite a few of those areas in my home, and like you, just try to keep them tidy until the day comes for their makeover. Our closet in our bedroom is not finished, but for now, it is tidy, and that works for me :) Hugs to you today, enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a good feeling to tackle those hidden projects. Sometimes I tend to forget that they need to be tidied up on occasion.
    I've been doing just that. Organizing and wiping down the tops of my cabinets and then I cleaned under the sink. Why is it that they get so messy all the time? I need to clean out the cereal cabinet this week, I'm like you I've wondered what's gonna jump out when I open it up! Ha! ;)
    Have a great week, Wendi!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondering how you all are. It's unusual for you to not post for a week.
    Hugs to you ❤️
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you. I have a couple of food cupboards to tackle next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been de-cluttering and organizing around here too. I think that was pretty clever to turn a closet into an "office".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!