Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Tuesday Tackle #1

I am trying to cut the clutter and get things organized plus neat and tidy. I also have little task that need to be completed that never seem to make it to the top of the list. I thought I would share with you what I have tackled each Tuesday. Some weeks it might be a huge task or multiple task, others it will be small. I am going to use this to motivate myself to get it done!

I tend to be an all or nothing person.  I will put things off and wait for a big clean.  I love the feel of that deep clean. The problem is that the deep clean does take quite a bit of time and energy. Plus the in between stage isn't always pretty. My goal is to break this habit! As Laine would say I have some homemaking debt to take care of. :)
Since I spruced up the laundry area the liner in the cabinets has been driving my crazy! For whatever reason the shelf liner did not stick well. It would pucker at the front edge and slide around.

For some time I had been meaning to add a dot of hot glue to make this stay. I mentioned it to Chuck and he suggested I use double sided tape as it would be flat and the glue might make it bumpy and lumpy. (my interpretation of what he said anyway ;) ).
Not very noticeable in a picture, but it so much better. I did a little decluttering while I was at it too. I no longer use fabric softener so I took that out and made minor adjustments. I also made a list of things I need to stock up on like the ingredients to make laundry soap.

The next area was the computer desk.
The computer is keep in a small closet in our third bedroom. The computer desk was a mess! My laptop is broken so I have been spending more time in here. I sat down to look at some blogs and balance the checkbook. I couldn't take it anymore and immediately tackled this area.

I put things away, organized the bill box, threw out a few things and found a container (an old plastic pretzel container from Aldi)  to contain our Coke points.

So much better! I have plans to tackle the other three shelves in the computer closet. You'll have to tune in next Tuesday to see me tame that mess.

Now it's time to share what projects you are tackling.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

7 comments:

  1. I love an organized home. I have been using the free flylady method since 2000! Should have seen my home binder back then. Now it is easy with a free app. I find that our bedroom is the one area that seems to get out of hand. Oh and my son's room can get the same way. Yet, with the mindful attitude that this is "home" I plan on doing a bit more and modeling this for my son. Teens really do keep track on you.

    Also, I plan on trading cross stitch patterns or other craft patterns when I am finished this year. No need to hold them. Let someone else enjoy the same craft. When I decluttered the crafts this past summer, I was shocked to find that I bought doubles of certain items. These made great donations for a church to use in vbs last year.

    We are so blessed to have "things" but to really appreciate and be aware of what is clutter and no longer serves a purpose is wonderful. This creates appreciation, value, and sometimes a blessing for others.

    Good job Wendi! I award you the virtual golden dust pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me 👍🏻 I've been home sick but am feeeling better now. So I started working on my list and am doing the craft / computer room first. Photos later.
    Have a good rest of your Tuesday, Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an inspiring post! I love that you tackle a few areas at a time.
    I've cleaned out a few cabinets as well. I really need to do my pantry, maybe here soon. My youngest has been sick with the flu, so I haven't had much time to do anything but care for him. I'm a bit tired now... ;)
    Thanks for posting!

    Have a delightful week!
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh things look so much better! I need to tackle my computer desk today!
    Happy today. I hope you get so much done. I read Laine's Letters for years. I miss them. I have a few old ones I printed out. She is so wise.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so nice. This weeks project for me is to put liner in bath cabinets, touch up paint, and fix wallpaper border. You did good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good idea for the liners. I bought the kind that is grippy with the holes (what a great description, lol) but it is constantly getting rolled back or pushed up in the drawers. Especially if the girls are putting dishes away, lol. I need a new system to try but those liners are quite costly, I hate to not reuse what I have. I also have a list of decluttering things to get done through out the house. Seems to be never ending ;-) Your redos look great! Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Housework indeed is never, ever done, and I agree with you, those deep cleaning chores get put off until a moment of inspiration arrives, lol! I share with you the pain of putting it off until the moment it reaches no return, lol! I need to shampoo our carpets, have been putting it off, but perhaps will get to it this week. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!