Friday, January 13, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
 
A load for the thrift store. Putting it into the back of the van as I purge so it can get out of here!
Yummy lasagna ready for the oven.
Chuck and Megan playing with his new camera toy. It is pretty neat. You can feed the line through a drain and see what the problem is.
This towel screams Wendi.
Thankful for meat that is close to 63% off of the regular price.
 Ahhh, the sun! After several days of gray skies and rain the sunshine lifts me up.
 My birthday was celebrated Thursday. I am proud to say I am 46! I know many people that are at 39 and holding. Not me, I feel each year is gift many don't receive and I want to embrace it and enjoy it.
 Birthday flowers.
 A field trip to the downtown library. It is a beautiful building.
 The best part for Megan was playing with the robots. Since her school is so small all the 4th, 5th and 6th graders each had their own to experiment with. Fun!
Today I will finish up laundry and clean the shower. Tonight the in-laws are taking us out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. The rest of the weekend will most likely be spent home as ice is in the forecast for later tonight. Depending on who you listen to it could be over by Saturday afternoon or run into Sunday morning. I guess time will tell.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet Wendi. I've read your blog for a long time and guessed you were closer to 35. Age is just a number.
    Great find on your meat markdown. Our commissary deeply marks down ground beef, steaks and chicken. We buy them and put them straight in the freezer until needed. Such a money saver!

    We are in the middle of 3 days of frozen rain but so far, everything is lighter than predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Wendi! Age is just a number but an amazing reward too! Beautiful flowers!

    Its so nice when you can stock up the freezer with marked down meats, I do that often. Big money saver indeed!

    We are expecting snow tonight through Monday with cold temps. These weather people can never really know how much snow we'll get. So it will either be a lot or nothing. ;) If I can stay home during the snow, I say bring it on!

    Enjoy your birthday dinner!!

    Happy Weekend, my friend!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful night out. Love your post. Makes me smile. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday Wendi, I am thankful for each year the Lord blesses me with.
    I know your day was wonderful ~ I hope you all don't get a lot of ice. We miss that one and I am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I too am thankful for my birthday each year as it means I too have lived yet another year. I remember a conversation I had with my mother when she turned 63. She told me that she realized on that birthday that she had wondered at one point if she would make it to 63 because her own mother died at age 62. She was relieved to hit 63 and is now in her mid 70's and still going strong. I wish I had half the energy she has! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally pegged you as mid-late 30's, You are aging well :). Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Happy Birthday! Wonderful post and a trip to the library and time with family always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel the same way about birthdays! The lasagna looks great. And yay for clutter leaving the house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I am with you, age matters not, it is your spirit that matters! I hope you had a wonderful time with your family celebrating :) Hoping too that the ice storm doesn't cause problems! The roast you got marked down was at a great price, that will make a wonderful meal, and love love love lasagna. Always wonderful to have a peek into your life Wendi :) Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy (late) birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your flowers!!!

    I'm still shocked every time I see Megan. I know I shouldn't be since Elizabeth is 10 1/2 already. Lol. Time is flying by!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!