Friday, January 06, 2017

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

 A drawer of new dish towels. 
A pretty basket makes laundry more enjoyable.
 Lots of great books to enjoy on cold, snowy days.
 A warm meal cooking away.
Planning, organizing and paying bills. Yuck to the bills part, but at least they can be paid. :)
 Megan showed me her snack and said "it's a fruit salad. Salad plus fruit, get it?" Silly girl!
 
The whole family is still not feeling 100%. Chuck missed two days of work this week. He rarely takes time off work for not feeling well. I am better but still not back to my normal self. Megan hasn't succumbed to it yet. She has been off and told me before bed last night that she thought she was getting a sore throat. Ought oh!

On these cold, wintry days we have been snuggled in at home as much as possible. Spending our time playing games and eating feel better foods.
I know that much of the nation is having cold and snow. I hope your weekend is warm and cozy.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

10 comments:

  1. I love that laundry basket! Is it for holding supplies or actual laundry? I am slowly gathering a new supply of kitchen towels. I buy one here and there. when I have a sufficient amount, I will replace all of mine. Can't wait!! Those little things make me happy. Hope you and Chuck feel better soon and Megan stays healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone feels better soon! You mentioned in an earlier post that you sell your books. Where do you buy and sell books in your area? I love to read, but I can read a book in a couple of days and I can't afford to pay list price. Sadly, our local library doesn't have a big selection of Christian titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty drawer full of new kitchen towels and such a elegant laundry basket.
    It is cold here and we just got an inch and a half of snow so schools are all canceled today. That probably sounds silly to you states that frequently have snow.
    Hope you have a good weekend and get Rested up and recuperated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UNO! Great photos and post! I must admit there is something wonderful about an organized home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Wendi,
    I enjoyed your post. :-)
    Lauraine Snelling is one of my favorite authors...I love her Red River and Blessings Series. They are so good.
    Your snowy picture is so pretty. We're supposed to get some snow tonight and tomorrow.♥
    Hope you all feel better soon! Take care,~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. You are so right we bills aren't fun but at least we can pay them. My husband always reminds me that. Hope you all heal quickly and Megan is spared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you all aren't feeling well. That is no fun! Praying you all get better quickly.
    That laundry basket is really nice. Is it for clothes? I love your dish towels...red is my favorite color!

    We got snow yesterday with freezing temps, so I've been enjoying the warmth of my wood stove and catching up on chores, doing a little baking and schooling with the boys. Had an errand this morning and was so glad my hubby drove. The roads were icy and very slick. I was praising God for four wheel drive! ;)

    Have a warm and cozy weekend, Wendi!

    Thinking of you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you all get well soon in Jesus Name!

    Other than that, sounds like all is well with you.
    I have some of those same books. I enjoyed the stories I read in Pioneer Christmas. I have one more to go, but decided to save it for next Christmas so that I could pack up my Christmas books this week.

    Be blessed,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww get well soon, stay warm up there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dishtowels look so nice and neat in your drawer. Mine resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa in the hall linen closet. ;) I'm sorry you and your hubby have been under the weather and I pray that your daughter does not succumb to it too. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!