Friday, January 27, 2017

Growing

First off I want to thank everyone for their kind words, encouragement and especially your prayers after my last post. I find most people in the blogging community to be caring, uplifting people. There are so many of you that I wish I could be friends with in real life. In most cases that won't happen and I am thankful for the online support. From the bottom of my heart thank you!

As much I would like for life to be smooth sailing and full of blessings I know that is not to be. You see, life is intended to be a blessing and a challenge. There are many times when I am in the challenging mode I want to cry out and say "why, why, why?" Honestly, I know the answer. It is necessary for us to cling to Him and to live out our lives in faith and hope.

If life is always perfect can you live out 1 Thessalonians 5:18? It says "in everything give thanks." As hard as it might be that means in the good, bad and even the seasons of ugly. I have also been thinking about Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It doesn't say I can do all things myself, but through Christ. It can be easy to drift from clinging to Him in seasons of blessings.

My panic is starting to settle down and my prayers are changing from, well honestly, from begging to submission. Our immediate concern at the moment is our septic. There will be a septic inspection on Monday. Our prayer is that instead of replacement it can be repaired. We are praying that it can all be done for $5000 or less. Even though that is what we feel we need to have happen, due to financial reasons, we are placing our hope and faith in the Lord.  I couldn't fall asleep last night and I spent quite a bit of time in prayer. I felt at peace when I fell asleep and I still do this morning.  God is faithful and there are many times I have seen Him meet our needs when I didn't think it was possible. I am trusting Him that no matter what the outcome is that He will meet our needs and see us through.

Time and prayer has helped me to see that God is using the trials and tribulations to grow my faith. Philippians 4:7 tells of a peace, "which passeth all understanding." I am feeling that peace and I am grateful.

Thank you all again for your prayers and support!

8 comments:

  1. My sweet friend. Your so right. We all go through the refining process and this is where we cone out as a beautiful vessel. I'm telling you we all have these moments and I wish we didn't. But Thank The Lord that we have his help and promise that we really are victors in the end. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying! Septic issues. Gag. We went through that at our last home early.

    His
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers and huge support! God has this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I must have missed your post, I will have to go and read it, but my heart goes out to you, and I will be praying that the septic issue will be resolved tomorrow in a miraculous way. The Lord is able! He definitely uses these kinds of situations to teach us things, and it is always so hard in the moment, but later, we can look back and see His hand in it all. Many hugs and prayers for you today dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Wendi, so many beautiful words of wisdom as always! As I said last time I have loved reading your blog for quite awhile and wish I had been brave enough to comment before these last couple of posts, as you are so much of an inspiration! You maybe don't always feel it but your strong faith and sincerity shine out in what you write and this is such a great encouragement to me. You are setting such a wonderful example for your sweet Megan! And your blog brings light to so many people, in fact I think of you as a modern-day Laine (of Laine's Letters), as not only is your deep faith just as inspiring as hers, but you also have her beautiful way of expressing things too, even when what you are writing about is a difficult subject! I think your writing is wonderful - you could easily be published - I for one would certainly be buying your book if you were to write one!
    That last chapter of Philippians is one of my favourite in the Bible and I am turning to it often at the moment, but your blog is right up there on my list of places to go to for spiritual encouragement as well because not only are you reading the Word but you are living it too!
    Thank you for keeping me inspired, encouraged and motivated.
    I am keeping you in my prayers especially for today xx
    Love, Rubekah (Ruby) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love and prayers for you sweet friend. It will all work out because you are HIS child, and He will take care of you.

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendi. I had to go back and read a few posts to catch up. Sorry that you've been feeling stressed and I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat better. As a parent we do what we think is best for our kids.. forget what others think.
    Keep relying on the lord!
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!