Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw

Since Chick-fil-A stopped serving their signature cole slaw they released the recipe due to popular demand. I decided to give it a try.
4 t vinegar
1/4 c sugar
1/4 t dry mustard
1/4 t salt
Wisk together.
Add 1 c mayo (when I worked there they used Kraft mayo)
Pour over
20 oz shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrot
Mix well.
 
After I diced my cabbage and cubed my carrots I put it into my mini food chopper. If you have ever eaten Chick-fil-A slaw then you know that it was finely chopped.
You might notice this is a little heavy on carrots. Well, that is the beauty of homemade, you can make it however you want. I just happen to like a little bit more carrot in mine.
 
I know that I have mentioned that I worked at Chick-fil-A for six years in the late '80's - early '90's. At one point I worked mornings in the kitchen doing food prep. I can't tell you how many pounds of this cole slaw I have made.
Having the cabbage and carrots prepped made this an easy side for dinner.  In case you are wondering how I got 20 oz of cabbage in a quart jar, well, I didn't. The recipe made a little much for my family of three. I cut the recipe in half. Another one of those perks of making it yourself. I am happy to say that it taste just like the real deal.
 
May your day be filled with joy in the journey! 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH! So glad they released it. I got the lemonade recipe from your blog a long time ago. It really was a match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy!! I'm gonna have to make this, I love Cole Slaw!

    Enjoy your week, Wendi!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We like cold slaw and I have all the ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the recipe for the coleslaw. I love coleslaw but my hubby is not a fan so I make it for myself or wait for my parents to come for a visit since my mom and I both love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!