Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Winter Wonderland

The first snowfall of season has come. Saying it was beautiful is an understatement. The snowflakes were huge and it stuck to all of the tree branches. I was mesmerized and couldn't stop going out onto the back porch to take it all in.
Even my feathered friends were out enjoying the beauty. 
Once Megan was home she went straight to her boots. She was ready to go out and play. Who could blame her! 
I was cracking up as she rode her bike around. I do believe this is a first around here! I couldn't let her have all of the fun so I put on my boots and joined in the fun. 
We created this snowgirl and then she helped me finish up my work. 
I had shoveled the driveway earlier and had planned to shovel a path from the back door to the trash can. Megan was having so much fun that she shoveled the entire section of the porch that isn't covered. :) By this point my face was cold so I called for time to return inside. It was a warm shower and fresh jammies for Megan while I made dinner. What a beautiful day!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!    


7 comments:

  1. How fun ❤️
    I've never seen a bike rider in the snow either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first snow is always special and even better when the family is together. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first snow is always special and even better when the family is together. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can keep the snow, lol ;-) I have the same bird feeder, so cute! I just love to feed and take care of the wild birds :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun! We got lots of snow here too and the dog sure has been enjoying it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this joy filled post! Made me wistful for the years when my kids were still at home. Snow at your house, with Megan shoveling looks so much better than it does at my house with me sweeping and my husband shoveling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness look at all the snow...we didn't get any snow with that storm. I am not sure if I am really for snow. But the kids are. I love all the photo's..and the snowgirl how cute. I love feeding the birds as well. I love your birdhouse, it makes beautiful photo's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!