Friday, December 09, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
 Megan had her Christmas program Thursday night. Nothing gets you in the the Christmas spirit like hearing a group of children sing about the baby in a manger.
 Christmas cards were mailed.
 The in-laws invited all four of their grandkids over for a sleepover. We took advantage of this time to shop and wrap gifts. I am happy to say I am done! Well, with the exception of a couple of things that were delivered this week that need to be wrapped.
 An afternoon at the circus. I hadn't been since I was a kid and had forgotten how fun it is.
It feels like winter has arrived here. We've had cold temperatures and even a dusting of snow this week. It makes me want to curl up with a good book or watch a movie and stay cozy at home. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
  

5 comments:

  1. Tis the season... love this post :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! We went to a Christmas concert this week too! Really enjoy your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season for lots of fun and joy! A Christmas concert sounds nice! I did get my cards mailed a few days ago. That was one huge thing marked off my list!
    A circus too...fun! I haven't been to one since oh..forever! Wrapping, I really need to get on that! Glad yours is done, that is a very time consuming task. ;)
    I have a few more things I need to get and then I'll be ready! I have another baking day this week. Going to my Hubby's work to make cheese balls, a Christmas Party, Moms Night Out event and a shopping day with a friend. Lots to do this week! And enjoying every minute!
    Have a great weekend, Wendi!
    Hugs to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice week, I usually just send cards out to the ones we don't see at Christmas, it keeps the budget down in that area. We are running out today to get the rest of our little gals Christmas bought. We keep Christmas simple...and look for others to give to. Have a great weekend Wendi, ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!