Wednesday, December 07, 2016

A Day in My Life #8

Tuesday, November 29th

The alarm went off at 6 and that was the start of another day. I saw Chuck off to work and then hit the shower. Megan was up about 7 and then we did the morning rush and were out the door about 7:45. The car line was already moving when I pulled in so I whipped in and back out. I was home by 8. 
The first thing I did was start some dip. I don't eat it but Megan and Chuck like it when I serve tacos. Then I switched the load of laundry I washed the night before into the dryer. 
While I was in the garage I grabbed something out of the freezer for dinner. 
 
By now it is almost 8:30 and I sit down for a bowl of cereal and some quiet time. 
It is almost time for my monthly grocery haul. I spend some time looking at coupons. 
The Laundry is dry so I pull it out and fold it. 
When that is complete I pull the turkey carcass out of the freezer and start making stock. 
While it is boiling away I make the menu for December and work on my grocery list. 
The dip is done. I portion it out in muffin tins and put it into the freezer. 
The laundry is put away and I do a little bit of ironing. 
I pull off the stock and strain it a few times then into the frig it goes. I will skim fat off the next day and use it to make a large batch of turkey and rice soup. I generally let it simmer longer but was in hurry to get the bones and such out into the trash. 
Not five minutes after I ran it out the trash truck came. Whew!
By now it is almost 11:30. I tidy the kitchen and then step outside. 
It is a beautiful day! I am hot and ready for a break by now. The 50* temperature feels great. I rest and make a call to my mom. After we chat I head in to make lunch. 
Nothing fancy just a cup of noodle soup. 
After lunch I take advantage of the nice day and spray paint some pieces for a craft. I then head inside and spend some time looking at blogs until I need to leave. At 2 I freshen up and then head out the door to pick up Megan about 2:20. 
While waiting in car line I read, text with Chuck and listen to Christmas music. 
We are home at 3:30. Megan has a snack while working on homework. 
I putter around making her lunch and putting away clean dishes. I get a late start making dinner. It is a good thing as I get a call 15 minutes before Chuck is suppose to get home telling me he will be late. Not five minutes away from work he went to stop for a turning car and his brake pedal went to the floor. He barely stopped in time. Thankfully he had plenty of space between himself and the car in front of him. He had limped it to an auto parts store and was going to try and fix it.  

I stop making dinner and wait to hear from him. When I hear from him it is not good news. The broken brake line is a steel line and he can't fix it. I look up tow truck companies for him. 

I make something for Megan to eat and call Chuck to tell him to call me on my cell as we are heading to my parents. I figure it would be better for Megan to have some down time at their house then to spend the evening in the van.   
I receive a call at 6:15 to pick him up at the auto shop at 6:45. 
It is almost 7 before we leave the auto shop. We hit the drive thru and then it is off to pick up Megan and borrow a truck. We are more then ready to be home. 
Finally home a little after 8. I package up the dip I made this morning and then empty Chuck's work bag. After putting his dishes into the dishwasher I set it to go and then dig something up for his lunch on Wednesday.  We sit down and watch thirty minutes of TV. We all need a little time to chill out. At 9:15 it's lights out and the whole house is in bed. What an evening!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
  

7 comments:

  1. Well, I was enjoying your day right up till the broken brake line. Im sorry about the trouble but it sure could of been worse.
    I like your cheese dip idea. I made a Mexican beef casserole that was heavy on Velveeta Sunday. It was so good and we are still enjoying the leftovers.
    I hope the pickup is fixed soon and at a reasonable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I enjoyed reading your day post until the vehicle troubles. Praying it will be an inexpensive fix. So glad no one was injured and the truck stopped. It could of been a lot worse.
    What a great idea to freeze that cheese dip. I'll have to remember that one for next time!
    I hope you have a delightful one!
    Thinking of you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day! Much to be thankful for. Good that Chuck was alert and knew what to do. Oh and thankyou for the salsa freezing tip. Muffin pan... great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendi, I'm so sorry to read of your car troubles! But thankful that he was able to stop without an accident! Praise God for that! I always look for things to be thankful for, even in difficult situations, it helps the perspective! You had a very productive day, I love the idea of making the dip ahead and freezing it! Hugs to you dear friend, praying it all turns out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an end to an otherwise productive and good day. I am so sorry about the car troubles. We just had to have my husband's car have some major brake work done to it also. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. PTL He was able to stop. What a busy day, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do so enjoy your "Day in My Life" posts!! I'm sorry about the car trouble---those days are no fun but are part of life's reality. Thankful no one was hurt and that you have someone you could borrow a vehicle from! Keep those posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!