Monday, November 28, 2016

Trimming the Tree

The day after Thanksgiving we start decorating for Christmas. This is a day Megan and I anticipate. Afterall we are entering the most wonderful time of the year!
We started the day off with our traditional breakfast of Rudolph pancakes. Then the fun began. 
The tree was up and then we fluffed out all of the branches. I spent lots of time stringing on the lights. I used at least 14 strands of lights. I think lights make the tree. 
Then it was time to pull out the ornaments. 
I love this as it is a trip down memory lane. Ornaments that bring back special memories of vacations, highlights such as Chuck's time in the service and of course treasures made my little hands. 
Once the star is on then it is complete! 
We were watching the lighting ceremony for what our city boast as "the world's largest Christmas tree" and I looked over and saw this. 
There is nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child.  

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes! There is nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child! I couldn't agree more. I have been pulling out decorations here and there, but we won't get our tree up until this weekend. I was a bit tired after Thanksgiving and needed at least a week under my belt before we began all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season! :)

    I hope you enjoy every moment of this Christmas season and you choose Joy each day!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such special memories to reminisce on and new ones being made. :) I love your beautiful tree and those Rudolph pancakes are so much fun! I may have to make some the next time the grandkids are over. :)

    Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is gorgeous! I remember studying for my US Constitution test while sitting next to the Christmas tree as a child. I couldn't take my eyes of the lights and focus on my studying!! I'm trying to figure out an alternative tree this year--because of a new kitten. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been away from blogland since September, and I can't believe how much older Megan looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!