Sunday, November 20, 2016

Playing Catch Up

Last week I felt like I was barely home. That has me feeling like I am playing catch up. I was busy running errands and taking my mom (who doesn't drive) out for a little shopping. Then we had an unexpected meeting called at Megan's school on Tuesday evening. 

Sadly her teacher is retiring. This leaves things uncertain as she teaches a combined 5th/6th grade class. It is a small school and they are looking at enrollment numbers for next year to determine what to do. It takes a special teacher to be able to run a combined class. It really stinks as we are in limbo as to what will happen next year. We are pretty sure we know what plan B will be if her school doesn't offer 6th grade. 

Wednesday I planned to stay home. I had dropped Megan off and had just finished breakfast when I received a call for a doctors office. Chuck's step dad was having a minor procedure to remove some skin cancer from his nose and my mother-in-law started to feel ill. Long story short I had to take her to the ER for elevated blood pressure and tightness in her chest. Thankfully they didn't find any issue. I think it is stress as she was worried about Mike and has been under stress at work with working on a new budget. We all know how hard it is to create a budget when there isn't enough money. ;) 

That evening we meet Chuck at the mechanic. He dropped off his truck and then we went to borrow a vehicle from my brother-in-law. We grabbed something to eat at Cracker Barrel and then dropped in to see my in-laws. Chuck didn't come to the ER and wanted to see his mom. 

Thursday I was again with my parents for most of the day. I honestly can't remember what we had to do that day. That evening we meet Chuck at my parents so he could drop off the borrowed vehicle. Then we went to pick up his truck. It was a killer paying for the repair. Thankful for the emergency fund and for getting multiple quotes. The original quote from the place that diagnosed the issue was $350 more then what we paid for the repair. Dinner was quick and then it was out the door again for a fundraiser. They are raising money to reduce the cost of going to camp in the Spring. 

I was so happy to see Friday come. It was a normal day. Whew! Saturday Chuck worked and Megan and I worked on getting our home in order. I spent some time deep cleaning the kitchen. 
Things always look worse before they look better when you are deep cleaning. 
Yup, those are Christmas lights. Chuck ended up helping me finish things up and suggested we go ahead and put them up. I turned them on to grab this picture but will leave them off until after Thanksgiving. 

Cleaning the kitchen is one thing off of my list. Tomorrow I plan to clean the bathroom, living room and sampoo carpets. I am looking forward to a few days of quiet and playing catch up is on my agenda.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

 

8 comments:

  1. I was hardly home last week too. It sure does take its toll! And now I'm scrambling to prepare for Thanksgiving. But almost there!

    Praying for you and your family this week. You have a lot going on! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling better! Love the lights! We bought colored under the cabinet light when we moved in but so far haven't gotten them up yet. We don't have many outlets since this is an older home so it is challenging, lol. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love slow days at home. May God Bless you and your families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your week sounds a lot like mine was...so busy. Praying that they got all the skin cancer from Chuck's dad and I am relieved to hear that your MIL is ok. Praying that this week will be a much calmer one for you.

    BTW, I love your lights and I would be using them now too. ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love days at home, slow and quiet days. My boys were sick last week, so it was nice to take some time to rest.
    Now this week, its a bit more busy with Thanksgiving and all. I need to run to the store tomorrow and grab a few more items for our menu.
    I just deep cleaned my family room today and moved furniture around so we can put our tree up in the next week or so. It feels so good to get things cleaned and organized. Been looking through my Christmas cookbooks trying to decide what sweet treats I'd like to bake this year. I'm praying we get some moisture soon as its so dry here!

    I love your lights in your kitchen. It looks so inviting with a touch of cozy!

    Happy Thanksgiving Wendi!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have weeks like that and it is just hard! I do what I have to do but I sure prefer to just be at home.

    Your kitchen looks beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does seem that some weeks you feel like you are going more than you are home, and truly home is the best place to be! Your kitchen looked great after you got through deep cleaning, love the touch the lights add! Hope this week is better for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!