Thursday, November 10, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

I can't believe that it is Thursday already! This week has been full.
Monday my mom had her surgery. Thankfully her cancer was caught early. She received radiation during the surgery and will be on a cancer killing drug for the rest of her life. There is no mention of chemo for which we are grateful. She had chemo with her last round of breast cancer and it is some mean stuff! 

 I had lunch with my parents Wednesday and she is doing extremly well. In fact, she is planning for me to take her out for a little shopping on Friday morning.  
I generally wear my hear up in a bun. The exception for this is if I am going somewhere besides the grocery store.  I take the lazy route and use hot rollers. It beats standing with a curling iron for a half hour. 
We voted after Megan was dropped off at school. Then it was off for a field trip. 
We enjoyed election day 1889 style at former President Benjamin Harrison's home. It was a fun, educational trip. (For my local friends I will tell you there is a statue of naked person in the entry. Of course, that is all the kids could talk about. Ugh! Surprising it was there as President Harrison had a strong Prebyterian faith. So strong that he resisted his wife's request for a ballroom on the top floor for year since he didn't dance.)
Megan has been under the weather. She ran a low grade fever and missed school. I washed all of the bedding and throw blankets. I even hung the pillows on the line to air them out. I want those germs out of here!
We worked on school work at home. 
Finally she was feeling better. She asked for crafting and Christmas music. A girl after my own heart! 
I have been planning so we took all of our meals at home. Simple meals, but better on the budget then eating out.  Throw in 13 hours of work for me and yes, it has been a busy week! 

Things are slowing down.  I will call mom in a few and see if she needs anything done. Then there is laundry to catch up on and I need to pay bills. Yay, for ordinary things!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mom is doing so well! Will continue to pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your mom is on the mend!

    I remember putting my hair in hot rollers...I think I have some stored in the basement.

    Have a great time shopping with your mom, and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful new about your mom...Love those kind of days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your mom is doing well. Hope Megan feels much better!! Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your mom is doing well. I'll keep her in my prayers!
    Sorry to hear Megan's not feeling well. My middle son has been sick for the passed 3 days, so I've been de-germing too! My MIL has it too, but thankful no one else has gotten sick.
    Enjoy your weekend Wendi!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news about your Mom. I will say a prayer for Megan. Oh and love the photo of you with rollers! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!