Thursday, October 13, 2016

Orchard Day!

We finally made it to the apple orchard! 
My nieces were picked up and the we went to the grocery store for some supplies, had lunch and then hit the orchard. 
It is a little late in the season around here. Most of the apples had been picked and they were moving on to pumpkin season. 
We picked up a bag of apples, mini pumpkins and the kids enjoyed apple cider slushes. 
Doesn't this sign make you smile? 
So long orchard, we will see you next year!

After leaving the orchard we headed home to make caramel apples. 
For time saving purposes we used premade caramels that we melted. 
When we were finished we set out to deliver apples. You know an apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if it is covered in caramel! ;)

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


5 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! We're going to the mountains to get apples this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Looks likes such fun!!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post...sadly life has been so busy I haven't had a chance to run to our local orchard. We have one that sell apples and pumpkins only. The other one has all the rides and mazes their prices are much higher. Thanks for the reminder that I need to visit one soon. Looks like a fun day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day and these girls ..well young ladies will remember these happy times and just think how they too will pass on the blessing of family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun day and special memories made! Whoever received your apples was in for a real treat! I have caramels on my grocery list, because I am hankering for some caramel apples now, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!