Friday, October 21, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Today is the last day of Fall break. It has been a busy week and I am sad to see it end.
Megan had a friend over. They had such a great time! Forts were built, games were played, there was crafting and baking. I smiled listening to their chatter. 
 There were several afternoons spent with cousins. We had lunch out one day, went to the pumpkin patch and had lazy afternoons playing games. 
Chuck is still trying to get his outside projects completed before winter. The frames for the gates have been stained and will be finished this weekend. What seems like a simple project has been a complete pain! After staining he realized they would not work and had to take them apart and rework them. Better to do it right!
The evenings are starting to get darker earlier. That means we are back to playing games in the evening. Games on the Wii are always fun!
The weather has been unseasonably warm. I think the rain and warmth might have confused my clematis as it is greening up and blooming again!
This view makes for a more enjoyable afternoon walk. 
Megan built this puppet stage out of scrap wood. I love how creative she is!
This is the beloved Miss Bunny. A true friend and companion since Megan has been a baby. I found this "selfie" when I emptied the camera card. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely collection of pictures from your daily joy moments, I love it! How sweet that the girls made chocolate chip cookies together, such fun times. And it sure is not fun to have to redo a time consuming project, so frustrating! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful life you are living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Fall break. I love that puppet stage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!