Friday, October 14, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
Leisurely weekend breakfast.  I have mentioned before that we cook our bacon on the grill.
I thought I would clarify that it is made in a pan on the grill and not literally on the grill. I wouldn't want someone to put it directly on the grill. Oh how dangerous that could be with the grease and the open flame!
Chuck and his dad replaced the center of Megan's window. The seal had broken and moisture had gotten in the middle of the two panes of glass. It resulted in yuck growing. Originally we were told by the hardware store that our window was not under warranty. When we ordered the replacement window we received a call from the manufactuer asking for some numbers off of the window. It was under warranty and the replacement window was free!! 
Helping Daddy build new gates. 
A rare Sunday afternoon date! We shared a small pizza at our favorite pizza place and enjoyed great conversation. :)

I am currently waiting for Chuck to return from a doctors appointment (routine) with Megan who was at a sleep over last night. I can't wait for them all to be home! Then we will begin our long, lazy weekend. Yeah!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


2 comments:

  1. The simple joys of each day really are best! Okay, glad you clarified about the bacon on the grill, lol! And how sweet to have a date with your wonderful husband. Enjoy the weekend, time with family is always best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news about the window. Enjoy those quiet moments. However, now that my son is in 9th.. I miss him too. Marching Band and Scouts really keeps him busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!