Monday, October 03, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Prayer at the poll last week. It makes my heart happy to see young people praying together and giving  praise!
 
I have been working on my mending box. Yikes! There were a couple of pair of jeans that were beyond repair. I cut them up to use for patches and crafting.
 The weather has turned cool which means Megan has been fighting the change of season crud. The poor girl had it all come out in a rash on her face. Thankfully it is almost gone.
 A day of rain and a thunderstorm was soothing.
 The kitchen freezer made a horrible sound one evening. We emptied it and then Chuck got busy. There was ice build up on the fan. It was cleared and the fan couldn't start back up. After tinkering with it for a few we were back in business. I was certainly praying as Chuck was working on this as a new refrigerator is not in the budget!
 It seems like we have had the new windows for the garage forever. Chuck took time this week to install the new windows.
 Megan has grown a ton over the summer. There were three shirts that carried over from last year. That meant a trip to the outlet mall.
 I can find pants, skirts and sometimes dresses at the consignment shop. Not a fan of the shirts I have been finding there so I knew I would have to purchase new.
 The whole family got a new pair of tennis shoes. Chuck and I can generally wear the same pair for several years. This happened to be the year we both needed new shoes. We have entered new territory as Megan is wearing the same size shoe that I am! I was ready to move on to the women's section when I stumbled across a larger size in the children's section. I can't believe how big she has gotten!
This morning I am working on laundry and getting ready to run a few errands. I want to get it all done today so I can spend some time at home this week.  I am ready for some down time!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


3 comments:

  1. There has been a lot of the same things going on at my house! I am on a mission to get rid of unnecessary items in my home, and there are many! Jonathan's room has been purged and cleaned and I have moved on to mine. I can't work on it nonstop so it will take awhile to finish. Even tho it bothers me in its current state of upheaval, I am determined to not shove things back into the closet until I go thru everything! I got all of the dresser drawers and nightstand drawer done this week-end. Jonathan has also outgrown everything from last winter and needs so much! I'm thinking a trip to an outlet mall is on the books for fall break, but the budget is limited. He is almost ready for men's sizes! He's also been sick, missed school today with what I thought might be strep but is most likely a virus or as you said, change of season crud. See how much we have in common?? :) Have a good week---I love your posts! PS: Where is your outlet mall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan and my oldest granddaughter are the same body types- tall and lean. It's hard to find long tools and long enough jeans that don't fall off 😱 Our Elizabeth is in first grade and wears a size 2 shoe.

    Your husband is amazing at all his home redo jobs 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops- that's supposed to say long tops, not tools.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!