Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Slow Breakfast

Chuck had gone out to fry bacon on the grill. He came back in and told me how nice it was. I looked at the thermometer and saw that it was 63* at 8:15. Nice for sure! I decided to take advantage of the coolness. While he fried the bacon I set the outside table.
I used the pendant straws I had gotten from Target's Dollar Spot. When Megan saw them she said "Hey, this has my name on it!" :)
It was pleasant to sit in the cool air, laugh, talk and enjoy a slow breakfast. In the hustle and bustle I don't always take the time to make things beautiful for my family. This reminded me that time goes by super fast and slowing down to enjoy and appreciate the ones I love the most is what is important. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Its very important to slow down and enjoy the time we have together!
    I love your whole atmosphere of your morning breakfast! Its just priceless!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Its very important to slow down and enjoy the time we have together!
    I love your whole atmosphere of your morning breakfast! Its just priceless!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table looks lovely Wendi. :) Making every moment count is something that we all need to be reminded to do my friend. ((((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. 63 degrees at 8:15 a.m., how nice indeed! Lately here about 8 or so in the mornings, it has been a crispy 45 degrees lol! :) I LOVE your table presentation, and the wonderful sweet and slow morning you had... such precious memories you are making! I have never fried bacon on the grill... sounds like an easier cleanup than in the kitchen, lol! Hugs to you today my friend! Enjoy those slow moments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!