Thursday, September 22, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
 I have been enjoying what I call hot tea/sweet tea weather. I love the cool mornings and warm afternoons. This is my favorite type of weather.
 
 I keep telling Chuck it won't be much longer before his girl is to big for piggy back rides. Her legs will drag the ground before long!
 I know that this time of playing is fleeting. I will enjoy every moment of it while it last. Although Chuck's dad says then you have grandkids and get to play once more!
 As you can tell he is certainly a big kid at heart. :)

 Monday was a rough morning drive!
 I keep hearing there is an old wives tale that the number of morning fog predicts the number of snowfalls. If that is true it looks like we might have a white winter! There have been several foggy mornings this summer.
 A favorite snack.
I only indulge in these once a year from the apple orchard. That is definately a good thing!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


8 comments:

  1. A delightful post Wendy... the simple joys of everyday life are the best! And how sweet that piggyback rides are still in fashion... so fun to see a girl and her dad playing together. She is growing up so fast, as all children do! I enjoy the cooler mornings, and warm days too, a perfect combination. May the Lord bless your day today in a sweet way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard that old wives tale. How neat if it proves to be true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joys in the every days is the best things to look forward to! For everything just moves too quickly, taking the time to enjoy and soak it all in...is a must!
    It looks as though you have been getting a lot done this Fall and that is always a plus, because winter time brings a different kind of busy!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Wendi!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around here we say the number of fogs in August determines the snows. I did mark our fogs down on the calendar and I am interested to see if it proves true. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post.
    Can't say we've had many (or any) foggy mornings here yet, but
    I know they're coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard that about fog... but now you have me counting. : ) I love how you embrace life's simple moments! happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just this morning, I sat down to take a little break from getting ready for my yard sale next week. Soft music from Pandora was playing. I was knitting a few stitches. I felt the cool breeze from the ceiling fan. I was AWARE and enjoying the moment. I need to do that more!
    Be blessed.
    Loved this post!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post and wow was that some thick fog! Hope you have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!