Friday, September 09, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
In a matter of a few hours we had over two inches of rain. Who can resist a little puddle jumping fun!
After weeks of seeing changing leaves on ground I finally caught a glimpse of it in the neighbors tree.

The excitement is building as this beauty gets more orange every day.


Megan and I have been picking up pine cones. Free craft material straight from our own yard. :)
I have been waiting what seems like forever to hold my friends first book. We certainly speak the same language. I love slow and simple!

While weeding I found a nest of baby bunnies. The weed patch will remain as we enjoy peeking at these little guys.
Although it is still hot, like unbearable 90* hot, these guys have been busy. I think we can all feel that fall is near. I keep finding my flower pots distrubed as they are hiding their nuts.
A goodie Megan build at a hardware store workshop and decorated several years ago. It makes me smile everytime I see it. My baby is growing up way to fast!!
After a lull we are getting these little guys again. Yum!
Plans for this weekend include a minor home project. The rains are bringing in some cooler weather so I hope to open the windows, listen to rain fall and I will be fluffing the nest and decorating for fall.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say I love your blog. I discovered it a few weeks ago and I've spent more time than should be allowed reading backwards. It really does encourage me to find beauty in the simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like to jump in a puddle or two. Baby bunnies are so cute and I am so ready for cooler temps. As for weeding, thank you for reminding me of the next task on the chore list. However, today is Sunday so a day of reflection and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!