Monday, September 05, 2016

A Day in My Life #2

Tuesday, August 30th

Chuck woke me up at 6:30 when he was out of the shower. It was then my turn. I was able to get ready from start to finish since he was home to wake up Megan and get her moving. He is in an off site location for a class this week. He doesn't have to be at class until 8.

Megan was finishing up breakfast and Chuck was heading out the door at 7:15.  Megan was in slow mode this morning. It was almost 7:50 before we headed out. Car line was already moving when we pulled in.

I got home about 8:05. The first thing I did was start a load of laundry. 
I grabbed something from the freezer to thaw on my way back into the house. 
I made myself something to eat and had my quiet time. 
I made the beds and then grabbed my shopping list and coupons. I picked up my mom and we were at the store by 9. 
They are in the process of updating the outside and have recently re-arranged the store.  Every store in the area has now changed their layout. Blah!
I was home about 10:20 and then put the groceries away. This is the first stop for my monthly, September, shopping. I will make a Sams run and then purchase things from the sales flyers. 
I started dinner and sliced the french bread loaf to place into the freezer. That way I can grab slices as needed through out the month. 
I washed out a couple of bread bags and hung them out to dry.
I use them to double and triple bag bread that I put into the freezer. I finished dinner and then made sure the kitchen was tidy. I remembered the laundry and put it into the dryer. It is now a little after 12 and it is lunch time. Left over beef stew and a glass of water. 
I received a call from the dentist. I had a 11:30 appointment. Oops! I apoligized and rescheduled for next week. I took some down time. I sat outside and then came in to look at some blogs and check e-mail. I had an e-mail from Megan's school asking for additional donations for the bake sale tomorrow. 

I pulled out the ingredients to make chocolate chip bar cookies.  
I went ahead and mixed the dry ingredients to help speed things up later. 
I chat with my sister while the laundry is folded and put away. I still need to do a little ironing. That will have to wait until tomorrow. 
By the time I put the laundry away I need to get moving.  It is after 2 so I freshen up and then head for the pick up line.  
I spend my time reading and listening to Dave Ramsey. 

We leave school about 3:15 and head to my parents. We are only there a few minutes. I stopped by to pick something up. 
Once home Megan tackles her homework and I mix up the cookie dough. 
It is now 4:15 and Chuck calls to say he done for the day and headed home. I place dinner in the oven along with the pan cookies. 

He his home before dinner is ready. I am giving Megan a spelling test when he walks in. He checks her spelling while I finish dinner. 

We sit down to dinner a little before 5. 
After dinner Megan plays in the living room. A blanket becomes her house. I love when kids use their imaginations!
The pan cookies are now cool. Chuck and I cut and wrap them. 
We debate running out to the hardware store. Megan doesn't want to since she is playing. Chuck has a slight headache so we decide to stay in. Megan plays and Chuck and I chat. 

We turn on the TV about 6:30 and watch a show Chuck had recorded. 
Shaq was the guest on Running Wild with Bear Gryllis. I didn't know much about Shaq until this show. He is pretty funny. 

When it is off we head outside. 
We watch a storm try to roll in. We hear the rumble of thunder and see the darkening sky. It passes us by without a drop of rain. 

Megan is in the yard throwing her Frisbee. Chuck goes and and they throw it back and forth for a few. 
About 8 we head in as the mosquitos are starting to bite. 

We have family devotions and then Megan goes to her room. She is looking up jokes to use as an opener for a report she has to give at school next Friday. Lights are out for her at 9. Now Chuck is watching TV and it is now almost 9:30. I am heading in to make sure the kitchen is tidy and then will be heading for bed. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Dear Wendi ... it sounds like your day was full. I hope that this long weekend was filled with sweet pleasures and simple blessings. Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to wash bread bags and hang them up to dry! I thought she was the only person who ever did that! Thank you for that memory, my dear mother has been gone for 34 years as of Sept 1 and I still miss her daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy and full day at your house!

    I also slice a loaf or two of French bread and double bag it for the freezer...I also wash and reuse plastic bags, just as my mom did..

    Our Walmart was remodeled and now is a super store....I much preferred the smaller store, because it was so much easier to navigate!

    And...tidy kitchens are so nice to walk into in the morning!

    Thank you for sharing your day with us again this week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I loved reading your post and looking at your pictures. I have a new address for my blog and have started transferring my old posts over there. I hope you will come and visit me. I am still trying to figure out how to post a comment now that I have my own dot com! I hope this works and please come on over and visit.

    Tania

    freshfromthefarm.website

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your days are very similar to mine except the school never asks me to bake anything. Oh and the church was the same way. In a way, I had it easy and was asked to bring napkins, forks, ect... Shhh. Burn a few batches and trust me they never ask you to back. Of course, I inherited the bad cook gene. I might have to try a blog post like this. Oh and is that a Beverly Lewis book? Love those Amish books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a very productive day. Mine sounds very similar, except I homeschool and bake to fill my freezer and to give to friends and family. I never say down today until it was dinner time. I must say I am happy with all I got accomplished but now I'm tired!
    Enjoy your week!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good homemaking day! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!