Monday, August 22, 2016

Wonderful Weekend

The forecast for Saturday was for more rain. We planned ahead so we could get some things done in the garage. Megan set the mood for Saturday by declaring it "Be Happy Day."
A happy day it was! We didn't leave home all day. The day started by hanging a cabinet, my craft paper roll and the saw horses. 
Here is where the planning comes in. Friday night Chuck pulled all of the things that go into the garage from the barn and put it on the back porch. We loaded it all into the garage just before the rain began. 
The the fun of sorting, purging and organizing began. We found a few treasures along the way.
An old typewriter and a blast from the past picture. 
Taken the summer of 2000 when Chuck and I had been dating for not quite a year. Awww... to be that young and thin again!

We made progress!
Sunday was a beautiful day. Megan was out with her grandparents for the day. 
They spent the day at a state park.
Chuck and I spent the afternoon cutting grass, running to store for fresh fruit and enjoying the company of one another sitting on the back porch. 

A mix of work and pleasure... my favorite kind of weekend!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

  1. Great Post. Oh and a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a full day of rain as well on Saturday...Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I love the A Happy Day poster, too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!