Monday, August 29, 2016

Meal Time: Ravioli

It doesn't get much better then serving a home cooked meal. The whole family got in on our first attempt at making ravioli.
Six cups of flour, 1 tsp salt, 4 eggs, 1 cup of water. 
Make a well and gradually add the flour to the liquid. Eventually you will need to get your hands dirty. :)
Then you either roll it or run it through a noodle maker. This job was handled by Chuck with some help from his assistance  
Using a pizza cutter we cut out the pieces to fill. 
You can use any filling you desire. This time I made a mixture of ground beef, an egg, grated cheese and a little bit of tomato sauce. 
Run water around the edge so the dough will stick to each other. 
Then crimp the dough so the pieces stay together. 
Place in salted, boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Then place in sauce and simmer. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Yum!
Two things I learned while making this. One is to roll your dough thin. These were a little thicker then they should have been. Number two is to make your squares small. I didn't think about how much the dough would expand and we had large ravioli. Regardless it was delicious and we all agree it is something we will make again.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

*Note: The recipe is for a double batch. I made ravioli until the filling was gone and then froze the rest for a later meal.

4 comments:

  1. I have been looking at one of those attachments for my kitchen Aid. It looks like you had no problems and you are correct about meals at home. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... those look very yummy! And how amazing that you made your own. I've been wanting to try making ravioli's and seeing that you did, makes me want to give them a try. I need an attachment for my kitchen aid that does the work for me. ;)

    I've copies your recipe and tips.... Thanks for sharing!

    Enjoy your week and Happy Labor Day!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really delicious! I wish I had not given away my noodle maker now. I do have a ravioli press though that I have wanted to try. I may have to follow you lead and recipe and try to make these here at home. Thank you for sharing how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need that attachment as well. Those look prefect and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!