Thursday, August 25, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Only one pumpkin has developed, but I still enjoy seeing the blooms when I look out of the kitchen window. 
We found an old typewriter while cleaning out the garage. It brought Megan hours of entertainment. 
I have been watching this guy fatten up. 
So much for squirrels not liking this seed!

Fourth, fifth and six graders took a field trip to the state museum. 
Treats for the school bake sale. 
Megan is spending much of her spare time working on embroidery. 
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. I love that Megan is doing embroidery! I was 8 or 9 when my mother taught me how to embroider. I haven't done it in years, but this makes me want to go get out my mother's old metal embroidery hoop and get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pumpkin, your tomatoes did well. Megan is doing a good job there. My mom is teaching my girls to embroidery plus it is time with their grandma...Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing your garden has provided but all these gifts come from a wonderful God. Great happy post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is such joy in the ordinary isn't there? :) I love seeing Megan discover new things and finding such delight in them too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the lovely moments in your life. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree.. it's easy to find joy in the simplest things. Nice pumpkin! I'm jealous.. Ive got a few pumpkin plants that are growing very well, but no pumpkins. I can't wait to see megan's finished project.. : )
    Have a great new week!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!