Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

I made my first batch of bread and butter pickles.

Learning how to fry an egg.
  See had to really concentrate on flipping the egg.
 Cleaned Megan's room from top to bottom.
 The result was two boxes for the thrift store and we won't even discuss the trash bag. *Sigh*
 There has been rain and more rain. This is from Saturday and Sunday.
 Since then it has rained each day and looks like it will until Monday. We needed rain, but geez.
❤ My girl 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. My boy is back in school today! I return to work in two weeks (officially: I'll be getting my classroom ready in the meantime) and I plan to do just what you did to Jonathan's room. Clearing out the junk, going through the clothes, making a list of what is needed for fall/winter. I think it's going to be everything, he won't stop growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! She is growing up so fast and her room is just adorable! Those pickles look delicious! Have a wonderful day!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! Still amazed at how your daughter has grown. Just seems like you were posting about the adoption. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megans room is so nice after the clean and purge. I do remember those days of messy preteen and teen bedroom. That's one thing I don't miss.
    Your pickles look delicious and Megan is so pretty, I think she was just maybe 3 or 4 when I started reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bedding in your daughter's room...so pretty! Great job on those pickles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!