Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Fresh baked goods make my home smell wonderful.
Monday morning was cool enough to open the windows. Not only do I love the fresh air, but I enjoy hearing the birds sing and the flap of the flag. 
Laundry is all caught up and put away.
Ignore my broken down laundry basket. This basket isn't even six months old and is broken already. Sigh. I find it extremely disappointing that things aren't made better.

An afternoon snack.
Megan found a dinosaur sandwich cutter while we were grocery shopping with my mom. She asked for it and when I said not that day she asked me to put it on her Christmas list (Megan rarely ask for us to buy her something while out). My mom put it her cart to purchase for Megan and she is delighted with it. 
My ride is back home again. It had an ignition issue. It just happened to be part of a recall so there was no charge.  Yay! We actually came out ahead, even with the towing fee,  as we only had one key fob since we purchased the van used. The new ignition automaticly came with two since that is what is provided with a new vehicle. The key fob runs about $200. It was be wonderful to have an extra in case of loss or breakage.
I am so happy, but my dad might be even happier as he doesn't have to drive carpool for me. :)

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news on the cost. I admit that I prayed over that... Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you about your easy car repair. Car repairs and medical bills are such wild cards, they can be easy or sky high.

    Your pictures are sweet to look at, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wendi, that is wonderful about the no charge on the repair. We have not been cool enough to open windows. I love summer time, but I love fall just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you did not have to pay for the repair on your vehicle and got an extra key fob in the deal also! That was sweet of your mom to get the sandwich cutter for your daughter. Little things like that can sometimes mean the most. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!