Friday, August 05, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

We made it through the first full week of school. Whew!
The early morning are something both Megan and I need to get use to again. The one nice thing is that I am getting back into a nice routine. I love routine!

My mom and I are still working at preserving. 
 Mainly tomatoes as we have been picking gallons of them each day. 
I ran across a great deal on blueberries so into the freezer they went. 
I am finding more and more of the changing maple leaves. I have mixed feelings about this. 
 Back to school means I need to plan more. The afternoon/evening hours are busy as it is homework and then straight to preparing dinner. I have been trying to get into the habit of pulling out non perishable items I need to complete dinner before I leave to pick up Megan. 
My parents are building a small shed. Megan has loved helping out.
 She carried out 2x4's and laid them out to help frame a wall. 
 Amazing what you find when you take the time to completely download your camera. :) Two weeks ago Nascar was in town and we made a quick stop to check out some cars. 
I need to run and take care of one of those ordinary task as I just heard the buzzer on the dryer.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

3 comments:

  1. Happy back to school!
    Pulling out the non-perishable items is a great idea. I will have to transport my eldest daughter to and from college in the next town this year. Fortunately, it's only twice a week.
    Happy school year,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting back on a routine as well. My girls start back on this Monday. The fall leaves are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. School time all ready?! Wow! It just seems earlier and earlier. Routines are a must...well, if you want everything to run smoothly. ;)
    My...you have been busy canning. Look at all the fruits of your labor! Its such a great feeling isn't it? I love when we can find great deals to freeze.
    I am amazed at how God paints the skies for us to enjoy. Simple beauty!
    And the leaves changing all ready, what in the world?! Nothing changing here yet, just very hot and very humid...I'm like you, the humidity can leave anytime now. Ha!
    Enjoy your week, Wendi!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!