Friday, August 19, 2016

Frugal Friday #9

Cut down old closet doors to use as shelves in the garage.
Gratefully received a box of books from my mother-in-law.
 Saved some yogurt that was getting close to its expiration date. 
 I piped it onto a cooking sheet that had been in the freezer. I then put it into the freezer overnight.  The next morning I put the yogurt back into the original container and popped them into the freezer. 
A refreshing, healthy treat. 

All meals were eaten at home.
 I pulled out the next season clothing for Megan. By just sorting the container I have two paper boxes to look through to see what can be taken to the consignment shop.
 I also have a large pile of clothing for her to try on. That will give me a list of items we need to purchase and additional items to add to the consignment box. 

So there you go. I hope this encourages you to do things to save money. The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase. I find it encouraging to hear about other frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good week. Enjoy your week Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though you have had a great week! I think any way you can save money is a plus! I bought some plums today and cooked them down to make a batch of plum jelly. Its way cheaper to make your own, plus it tastes so much better. I got 5 pints made and stored. Of course now I'm out of lids, so I need to buy some more before I can anything else. ;) ive been cleaning and organizing my pantries, so I can see what needs to be used next. And I find if I stay home, I don't use any money. ;)
    Our pig is about to have piglets here very soon...my boys are all excited! Small farm life and enjoying the last days of summer. :)
    Happy week, Wendi!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!