Friday, August 12, 2016

Frugal Friday #8

Sold some books. The funds were put into our emergency fund. Not a huge windfall, but every penny counts. Right?
Chuck took a vacation day this week. We ran a couple of errands and then stopped for lunch. We ordered the daily special of a burger and bottomless fries for $6.00.  We ordered water to drink and then used the remainder of a gift card Chuck recieved from work. We dined for no money out of pocket. 
We were sent home with some ice cream cups from a birthday party we attended. A perfect treat for the humid weather we are having. 
Not tons of things to report this week. I spent most of my time at home. I have been busy baking for a school bake sale, canning and doing normal homemaking task. 

So there you go. I hope this encourages you to do things to save money. The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase. I find it encouraging to hear about other frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. Even little savings are still savings! You are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your post! Oh and just wait till your daughter gets to High School, rest up while you can! Enjoy a bite of ice cream for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to be careful with little savings too, so often the big expenses are out of our control but doing lots of little things keeps afloat.
    Your burger and fries look delicious 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. That burger looks yummy! Another great post. I need to be selling some books, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love leftover things that someone gives that blesses the pantry, freezer, or etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That burger made me hungry! It's about 9:30 p.m. and I still have not had dinner. I got busy in the garden and then chatted with a friend and SKYPEd with our son Josh. I love that you we blessed with ice cream...what a treat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!