Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

All 13.5 gallons of beans have been canned. This is day one.
This is the yield from canning day number two. In all there are 36 quarts and 84 pints. 
The boys I use to babysit came to spend the day with us. It was great to see them!
Chuck is working on staining the remainder of our fence. We are hoping for some dry days around the weekends to get this completed. 
A day spent at the zoo with cousins. 
Megan was given a balloon that had an LED light inside. Neat!
I took advantage of a less humid day to spend some time doing chores outside. Some ironing and lots and lots weeding. 
I love that Megan knows how to play by herself without electronics! 

 May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect summer day!!! I wish we had more garden space so that we could grow our own .. I would love to be able to can and save money. Have a great weekend Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! your family will enjoy garden fresh goodness all year. ❤️
    Your day lilies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy is really in the everyday things! Thanks for the inspiration and lovely photos ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like the reward for your labour all sitting there in jars - ready and waiting for the next season.

    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gardening and canning are the two summertime chores I miss. Hopefully, next summer I'll be back at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post just made me smile. :) All those beans, fun times with friends and family and being able to get some things done on nicer days...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is a lot of beans! Sounds like a perfect Summer thus far! Enjoy all the moments and soak them up!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!