Thursday, July 07, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Chuck was took some time off work and ended up being home five days straight! I might have gotten spoiled by the yummy breakfasts we made together. 
I found these straws at Target. Aren't they the cutest?!
Megan hopped up on the counter grabbed the tablet and then proclaimed "yup, it is suppose to be raining!" 
After a blah few day I woke up early so I could have some quiet time. Quiet time with Megan about and quiet time with her asleep are quite different. 
I have been struggling since we left our church. I ended up having a good cry Saturday evening which allowed me to release my bottled up emotions to Chuck. I am in a better place after we had a long chat. 

 We have gone to a small Baptist church. There are just under 50 people which feels different. Originally we thought we wanted a little larger church, but now we aren't so sure.    I like it as the people are friendly and the pastor is expressive while giving his sermon. I think he might be a little too expressive for Chuck. He didn't grow up in a good environment so excitement sometimes takes him back to his dad and his constant yelling. Personally I like a little fire in the delivery of a sermon. So the search continues. 
The garden is doing really well. 
Cherry tomatoes and green beans are now being harvested and it won't be long before other things are ready. 


 May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. Some many beautiful things to be thankful for. The waffles... Yum! Your garden looks great. I am with you in the search for a church that feels like home. As a catholic, I've belonged to a large (impersonal) church for a long time.. looooong time. lol. I stopped going because I felt weird, I was judging people from the pews, not even parishioners.. but I was judging the clergy. That's not a good sign. So, I started going to a beautiful episcopal church that welcomes me as a catholic, I really like the mass there and I feel like I leave with something. : )
    Have a great day Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wendi! I'll be praying that you find the right church. It seems so hard now days to find the right one.
    Wow! Your garden is amazing! Isn't so nice to pick from it instead of going to the store? Our greenhouse is doing good, got green tomatoes...just waiting for them to turn red anytime now. ☺
    Love your pictures...and that sunset is breathtaking!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Wendi! Have a great evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying God leads your family in the right direction. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all to find that right church. Your garden is beautiful. I love all your photo's. Have a wonderful summer sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!