Friday, July 29, 2016

Frugal Friday #7

I received a grocery coupon for $5.00 off your next purchase. I used it to purchase a gallon of milk, loaf of bread and a package of bacon. I spent $1.07 out of pocket.
 It made an easy BLT dinner on a hot evening. 

My sister needed a new refrigerator due to a temperature control issue that had already been repaired once. They decided not to put any additional money into a 14 year old frig. That benefited us as we have the same model. 
Chuck picked it up and striped parts off of it. We now have a working ice maker for no money out of pocket! Eventually the frig will be taken to the scrap yard earning a few dollars. 

We were given three free sandwich cards as a thank you for some volunteer work. 
Thanks to the cards and planning carefully we were able to enjoy a frugal dinner. We each used our sandwich card then added a large waffle fry to share, a small shake for Chuck and Megan and I shared an iced tea. We were able to eat a meal out for under $6.

For entertainment we spent many afternoons cooling off in the pool. 
Since the pool is in my parents' backyard the only cost was gas. 

So there you go. I hope this encourages you to do things to save money. The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase. I find it encouraging to hear about other frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

3 comments:

  1. Great Savings, Today I am using my clothes line to save energy and money. My AC is set on 78 degrees where it stays. I keep the curtain pulled shut where the sun comes in, to help keep the heat out. I use cash to purchase things, because I want to save the change in a jar. I recently cash in over $300.00 worth of change. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to save! We've had company for the past few days and I bought rubs on sale at our local grocery for $1.09 a pound! So I bought several packages. I've been using what I have already in the freezer and pantry...so that saves a trip to town. Our greenhouse is finally producing tomatoes, jalapeƱos, onions and bell peppers...so we've made a few pints of salsa...yay!
    All is good here and enjoying a little bit of rain this evening!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!