Friday, June 03, 2016

Shower of Love

In less then two weeks my beautiful niece, Alison, will be married! She graduated a couple of weeks ago with a nursing degree. She has been hired at a local hospital and will switch from a student nurse in oncology to a RN in the cardiology department when she returns from her honeymoon. I keep asking myself where the time has gone!
I had the privilege of throwing her a bridal shower.
My friend, Brianna, made the cupcakes. She called to say she had extras after making the dress and asked what the wedding flowers were. I love the daisies she made!

Megan made the J+A sign. She had the idea one evening while Chuck was cutting up a limb. She found the scrap wood and told us what she wanted. I helped her stain the wood and get the spacing down when gluing it together. I am impressed with her creativity!
I keep the centerpieces simple. The buckets are from the Target Dollar Spot and I bought garden daisies so they could be reused. All of the buckets had a part of 1 Corinthians 13: 4-13 written on them.
I found a fun game on Pinterest called The Price is Right. Everyone has to guess the retail price for each of the items and the one with the most wins. We had tons of fun with this game. It was really hard since we have frugal friends and family and we all keep wanting to write down the sale price. When I was calling out the retail price people were calling out the rock bottom sale price and telling Alison not to pay more then that for the item. :) It is by far my favorite shower game EVER. The bride to be received all of the items to start her out. 
Future mother and sister in law.
Alison's sister Katie. Also the maid of honor. 
Last, but not least, is my family. My mom, sister along with her four daughters and then Megan and myself. 
It was a wonderful afternoon and tons of fun for me to put this together.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a very sweet and fun shower.
    You have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas and a nice shower! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan is so beautiful and grown up!! time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lovely job! She will have many treasured memories from the day I'm sure! The Price is Right game was a fun idea, especially keeping the items for her new home. :-) Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a special shower! I loved all the buckets with the verses on them, and the sign Megan made is wonderful! Great pictures of everyone! The Price is Right game sounds like a great deal of fun to play! Congrats to Allison, and praying the Lord continues to bless her richly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shower and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun! I love the Price is Right game and will have to remember that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!