Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Old Glory

Remember when I showed you the porch post I painted over the weekend?
Once a finial was added on top it was "planted" in the front landscape. 
Then Old Glory was hung. 
We had wanted to add a flag for a long time. Pricing flag poles revealed two things to us... #1 the good poles were out of our price range and #2 the poles that were in our range we knew wouldn't hold up. One good ol' windy thunderstorm and it would likely bend in half.

After brainstorming and seeing an idea on Pinterest where someone used a deck post they drilled into to put in small flags this idea was born. 
While painting the flag pole we had all of the part laying out. Megan saw the bracket and asked if we were going to paint it black also. We hadn't thought of that! So black it became. Great job, Megan!

In case you want the price break down:
               Porch Post $40.00
               Post Finial     7.34 
               Total           $47.34 - 10% Military Discount + Tax = $45.59

We already had the flag, pole and bracket set, used leftover paint and had an extra bag of concrete from another project to complete this.

Not only does it fit the country style I like better, but it also fit our budget. I love it!
   
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Wendi,

    I wondered on over to your blog from Debbie's "The Next Chapter in My Life". I've enjoyed reading your most recent posts and look forward to returning.

    I will keep you and your family in prayer as you search for a new church home.

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and tell Megan she was right about the bracket...good job...all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love it! What a great idea.

    Enjoy your day!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!