Thursday, June 16, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

I didn't mean to be absent this week. My niece was married on Saturday. It made a few really long days with set up and such. On Sunday I was exhauted!  I have run a few errands and have been catching up on some things.

We received much needed rain. The garden is very thankful. Chuck mentioned how glad he was to have run the tiller through the rows before the rain came.
So far we are having a good growing season. Megan is excited to have cherry tomatoes. 
I walked out one evening and went to sit on the swing. I saw something crawling down the trunk of a tree. I keep watching and then realized it was baby raccoons! They were nice enough to hang out on a branch so we could get a good look at them. 
Sorry Megan, I am not ready for this. 
Today I will be away from home. VBS in the morning and then swimming at my parents in the afternoon. I am enjoying summer with my girl!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. I love the title of your post... "Joy in the Ordinary"

    I have a chalkboard in my kitchen with a "quote" a friend gave me...

    "Cherish the plain and ordinary of today"...I NEED the constant reminder.

    Have a great summer. And, a cone with mint chocolate chip!! I haven't had that in a while. YUMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me happy to see your photos. I hope you have a wonderful summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! Have a great VBS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!