Friday, June 17, 2016

Frugal Friday #5

I entered Coke points. Chuck's co-workers save their caps for him. He usually brings home a bag each month. We aren't big soda drinkers so this helps us to reach our goal faster. I trade the points in for free soda coupons.
I shortened a skirt that I wore to a wedding. It had an elastic waist and instead of messing with the professional hem I shortened it from the top and re-attached the elastic. 
I went to the grocery store. You might wonder how that can be frugal since a trip to the store can about break the bank! Well, first off I used funds that we made from a garage sale a few weeks ago. Secondly, having things on hand mean we won't run out to pick up a few things and leave with a cart full. I keep a well stocked pantry and hope to make this last until mid July. 
Saved electricity by letting mother nature do the drying. I don't usually dry bath towels on the line, but this load had a sour smell. A little sunshine and fresh air took care of it. 
It pays to be on the clean up crew at events. There were tons of leftover at Alison's wedding. I came home with all of these goodies. 
2 gallons of Chick-fil-A sweet tea
2 gallons of Chick-fil-A lemonade
1 pan City BBQ pulled pork
1 pan City BBQ pulled chicken
1 pan City BBQ mac & cheese
1 container City BBQ dill pickles
1 City BBQ veggie tray
2 containers of BBQ sauce (1 from City BBQ & 1 from Chick-fil-A)
24 buns
6 large cupcakes
2 gallon size bags of napkins
half a gallon size bag each of spoons, knives and forks
pint sized jar of straws
all of the plates left over (dinner size and appetizer size)
2 pint jars of mini bubbles
2 quart bags of mini containers of tissues
3 table center pieces (1 not pictured)

There were tons of leftovers. Everyone who stayed to clean up had plenty to take home. The pulled chicken, BBQ sauce and one package of buns was sent with Chuck to work the next day. Every thing else has been divided up and stored for later. I don't list all of this to tout how great I am, but to express how grateful I am for the provisions!

So there you go. I hope this encourages you to do things to save money. The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase. I find it encouraging to hear about other frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Wendi, what a blessing to get all the wedding leftover. I love this post..I am always looking for ways to save. Have a wonderful day Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great! And what a blessing to get all those leftovers! I need to do another frugal post. We've been in super frugal mode around here!

    A couple weeks ago, we went to the farmer's market and it was cancelled due to stormy weather so we went to the grocery store instead to get a few things and ended up finding some great meat markdowns! We are exciting people...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job saving :-) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Wendi! Nathan's been finding lots of Coke codes at local parks this summer.

    Two years ago when Eric's brother got married, we gleaned all kinds of leftovers, also. They had a taco feast, and we enjoyed the remainder for a long time after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blessing it is to get leftovers! I'm sure it does help and I agree save where you can, because the price of groceries are outrageously high.
    I love hanging my clothes on the line! And saving on electric is a huge bonus!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through a comment made on Mrs. Peppers blog. I love, love, love to hang dry laundry. I am enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are two more codes for coke points. We don't drink it often enough. 055N5WXWNNB67B and B6MJMML45FLTTF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!