Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Project + Slow + Home

Chuck redeemed his birthday coupon this weekend.
We spent some much need time at home. Almost three full, glorious days! I can gladly say home is my happy place! Especially when my family is here. :)

We planned to give our home a little attention and tackle a project. Painting this porch post was on the list. I will give you hint and say it wasn't used for a porch. ;) I will post what we did with it tomorrow. 
We didn't add new mulch last year and the flower beds were in desperate need. 
The seasonal flowers have been planted and the mulch spread out. 
We could use some more, but it is much better. That will be a project for another day. 

We did some work in the garden. Megan planted the last of the seeds.  Corn and cantaloupe. 
We feel like we had a productive weekend. 

It wasn't all work though. Our new back porch table was put together. We have some very pesky squirrels who love to rip into our chair cushions and take away the stuffing for their nest. We tried to keep them up but it was hard when we were working outside and using the chairs mutliple times a day. Just leaving them out for an afternoon sometimes resulted in those those little devils ripping into one. After 15 years of replacing a cushion or two each year we decided to purchase a set that did not require cushions. In the long run it should save us money and frustration. 
We broke in our new furniture by dining al fresco several times. 
It was a warm weekend so I made sure to stop and rest multiple times. I enjoyed a nice view while reading in the shade. 
The weekend ended with a fire. 
Where I was queen of the burning marshmallow! This doesn't normally happen to me, but almost every one I touched caught on fire. Oh well, we got a good chuckle out of it. 
As sad as I was to see this weekend come to a close I am once again reminded that my heart truly is always home. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend. I love the photo of you and your daughter.
    Be blessed and enjoy that patio set often!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend at home. There really is no better place to be. Your yard looks beautiful. I hope your chairs stay lovely and squirrel free. ;)
    Enjoy your week...
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did much of the same thing as you did over the weekend. :) Your yard is looking great and I love your new outdoor furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!