Monday, April 04, 2016

Working Weekend

Chuck was off on Friday and we spent a lot of time working this weekend. We were beat last night. So much so that the entire house was in bed by 9!

 I knew that this was coming so on Thursday I made sure all of the laundry was done. I had a few things hanging around that had stains so I tackled those while I was at it.
There is end in sight for our never ending garage project. Friday the painting was completed. I put two coats on the walls myself. Whew! I am not as young and energetic as I use to be! Thankfully it is done. 
Saturday Chuck had his dad come over and they put the garage door opener back up and then we put the cabinets back up in the laundry area. It took all three of us to get them up.
What do you think of the blue? It is not a color that I would normally pick. I love it in this space.  

When we returned from church yesterday I put things back into the cabinets. If time permits Chuck will help to put the doors on this week. Then the laundry will take a back seat as shelving is added the garage and things are sorted and put back into their place. I hope that doesn't take long as I am itching to get the laundry put back together and prettied up.  Once that happens I will be back with pictures. 

Now it is time for me to get moving. Megan is returning to school after a two week break. After I drop her off I am off the the grocery store and then I have tons of things that need done. Working in the garage means the inside of my home has been negelected! I am also going to try to pick up sticks so the grass can be cut. The temperatures might not say spring, but grass cutting and a long project list does!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. you are a busy bee, zzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue, the kitchen in our old house was just about the same blue.
    I really like the cabinets over your W/D with the Hangup bars. I dry so many of our clothes on hangers and have them strung all over the house on laundry day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My laundry room is blue..to me it look fresh and clean. Your garage looks so nice.
    Looking forward to the pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wendi I came across your blog on Katy's blog...country blossom.
    I have just quickly browsed through your posts :) Lovely blog I am a new follower!! Best Wishes Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue paint. It makes things look so fresh! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!