Monday, March 07, 2016

One Thing Leads to Another

I woke up and hit the floor running. Megan was up and almost ready for school. While she finished eating and getting her shoes on I threw in a load of laundry. I came home and took care of a few morning task. Then I grabbed my list and was gungho to get things things done.
I started in one corner and as I was taking things down to wash I noticed the long time pen mark on the wall. Several years ago (about 3 years to be exact) Megan left a pen on the table and Abraham (one of the little guys I use to babysit) found it and marked on the wall. The wall had been scrubbed and even a magic eraser was used. It faded, but it didn't take it all off. I know, stubborn stuff!

Anyway, that is were one things leads to another. Since I was going to the trouble of taking everything down I decided to go ahead and paint the kitchen. I really didn't want to spend any money on this project. I was chatting with my mom and she said she had almost a gallon of paint left over from a project. Off I went to pick it up. It wasn't exactly the color I was looking for so I got creative. I raided my painting cabinet and that is where the fun began.
I mixed a little of this and a little of that and came up with the perfect color.
Pictures don't show the color well. The kitchen was a mustard shade of yellow. (below color on the left) I wanted to lighten it up a bit so I mixed a color that reminds me of sunshine. I guess you could also describe it as a lemonade color, but I like sunshine the best. :)
I am going area by area. Cleaning, painting and then putting things back. I am moving things around and searching what I have to make things look fresh. I hadn't planned to spend any money on this, but I did end up purchasing a valance. Here is a sneak peek of the fabric.
The walls are completely painted! I am still working on sorting a few areas. The scope of this project will certainly slow down the spring cleaning. In the end the delay will be well worth it. Once I have it done I will be sure to give you a tour. In the mean time if you don't hear from me you know what I'll be up to!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Great color! We are remodeling our kitchen at the moment but one thing does lead to another. Makes you feel blessed to be able to create a happy place and to have a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Wendi! I like the new color you did. It's very cheery and bright. Isn't that how it always works? I am terrible at multi-tasking anymore, so I have to stay focused on one thing at a time or my house looks like a tornado went through it. Ha!

    I love the valance! It's all gonna look great when you are done.

    I hope you have a great week!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi I need your energy. How exciting ~ a new look for hardy nothing. I love a light bright house. This spring that is my goal to create that. I have painted my walls an med grey/tan it is okay. My oldest says it the color of drywall...she thinks I need to go lighter...I am so looking forward to your reveal on your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would say that one thing lead to another! lol! Will you show a photo of the whole kitchen when it's all completed? Btw, your list looks exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow. It's my favorite in the kitchen. Can't wait to see what you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting on spring break to tackle a few larger projects. Painting would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the valance!!! I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!