Monday, February 15, 2016

Showing A Little Love

I enjoy showing my family a little extra love on Valentine's Day. Sunday is already a busy day with church so I set the table the night before.
I pulled out an existing table cloth and went from there.  I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit my cake stand. 
Then set the table using some Valentine plates I had purchased several years ago for the kids. I added ribbon around the jugs (recycled coffee containers) and then some paper straws the I found at Target a previous year.
Chuck went to pick Megan up from a friends house Friday evening and came home with my favorite flowers. I divided the bouquet into two Mason jars for the table. Love!
We don't go all out with gifts for this holiday. I picked  up a balloon last week while at the grocery store and filled a gift bag with an inexpensive craft, a tube of sweet tarts and a compass that we forgot to give to her at Christmas. Oops! (She is obsessed with asking what direction we are going while in the van.) I know it was a hit since I found it tucked in her boot while sitting in church!
Since Sunday breakfast needs to be quick I served scrambled eggs and canned cinnamon rolls. To spice them up a bit I added red food coloring to the icing and thinned it down some. Then sprinkles were added. Simple, but effective!
The rest of day flew by. We stopped for pizza for lunch, came home and I took a nap. Then we went to visit the in laws and my parents. A day that was certainly filled with those I love!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day. I like how you used what you had and everything still looks magazine worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thing to do for your family. I love that Megan tucked her compass in her boot. That's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day! I like that you had the old coffee jars on hand. What a great idea! I just bought some with lids and straws from Target for my two younger boys. They are filled with chocolate milk as I type!
    I love that Megan loves her compass, we all need to know what way we are going! ☺
    I hope you have a delightful week!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet day it was, everything was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty. So sweet. What a great idea about a compass. My son would love that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!