Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
 I am trying hard to start the day off right. It is easy to return from taking Megan to school and then get right to my task. Many days I don't take the time to eat breakfast. A habit I am trying to break.

 My parents have been building some storage in their garage. Megan found the scrap pile and has happily been creating.
 Snow with more in the forecast for the week. Megan said she thought we needed a new groundhog since she forecast 6 weeks til Spring and it doesn't feel like Spring! Caused me to chuckle. Spring will be here before we know it.
 My servants have been working hard for me. I am thankful for them as five loads were completed yesterday. Can you imagine heating water and using a scrubbing board or running each piece though a wringer. No thank you!
 Chuck reached over and I took his hand. Megan then ran over and joined us. :) I had the camera near as I had just finished empting the card. So glad I did as this made my heart happy!
 It seems that beef stew is just as bad as a pot of soup when it comes to not being able to make just a small batch. Or is it just me!?
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

  1. LOL I agree with Megan, yes we need a new ground hog. My grandma used a scrub board. My mom used a wringer washer. I remember helping her pull out the wet clothes and put them through the wringer. Only to empty out the soapy water. Add rinse water and repeat the step again. I telling on my age LOL. Sweet thoughts I love these post. Interesting book...Ill need to google it. Have a wonderful kind of day. It sounds like you already are. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious moments throughout the day! Loved the picture of all three of your hands... and no, I can't make a small pot of soup, impossible I believe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!