Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

The days are getting longer. It is such a joy for the sun to be shinning through the window while I am making dinner. 

This weekend we had a taste of spring.
 When the themometer hits 63* at the end of January you must take advantage of it. I washed bedding and hung it on the line. Line dried sheets in January... squeal! That is a smell that just can't be bottled.
 A few touches were added for Valentine's Day.

 After Megan tidied her room Chuck went to check it out. He came out dressed like an old west bandit. Megan and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Of course I had to grab the camera and chase him down the hall.
I love this man! He takes great care of us, is a fantastic father and brings so much joy into our home.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. We enjoyed a beautiful weekend here too! I think her smile says it all :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of fresh sheets. Your kitchen looks so inviting. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOTHING can top the smell of a line-dried sheet! Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While our temps never got up to 60, we did have a taste of spring last week, with the snow melting, but this week, the snow is back, and I am enjoying it... as it is still February, lol! OH how I love line dried sheets, and your Valentine decor is lovely! Loved the picture of your husband and daughter, so precious! Laughter always does the heart good :) Have a blessed day my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!