Monday, February 29, 2016

Grateful

There have been so many things going on around me lately. It could be easy to let the discontent around you seep in and start to effect you. I really don't want that to happen so I have taken a step back from some things. When you are looking for direction, need refuge or struggle with the right attitude it is best to turn to Him.

Saturday found us at the craft store. I have been looking for things to decorate a bridal shower. I found one of the items I was looking for, but at $15.99 each x 5 items I am on to plan B. While there Megan and I did pick up something fun.
I have been searching gratitude since that is where I feel my attitude has been lacking. I used my fun item as a starting place to make something to point me toward a grateful heart. 

As I have been searching scriputre about gratitude this is what spoke to me. 

Be grateful for God's love.
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:36.
Be grateful in every situation.
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be grateful For God's gifts.
 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15
Grateful for God's deliverance over my life.
I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. Romans 7:25
Be grateful I can go to Him in prayer and He hears my petitions. 
Be anxious for nothing, but In everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6
We had a beautiful, slow weekend. Plenty of time spent at home, dinner with family, a little creating and enjoyed a wonderful sermon given by a friend of ours. It is a new week and I am ready to get it started on the right path!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! I bought a chalk board a while back to put my word of the year on it. It never got done. Hmmm...I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi I love this....and I love the reminder of a thankful heart. Have a wonderful sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!