Wednesday, February 03, 2016

A Special Treat

As many of you know I recently found Laine's Letters. Oh my, what a treasure they are! Although many of them are preserved there are many missing. As I had been picking and choosing letters to read I found that many of the archives didn't contain the letter. Oh, how sad!

I had a fear that over time more of her letters might disappear so I knew I had to do something about that. Last Friday I mentioned that I had been working on a project that was taking quite a bit of time. Well, here it is...
I copied the letters that are still available into word and titled them.
I added page numbers so I could make a table of contents. I wanted to be able to find a letter that addressed a particular subject or had a theme pertaining to a certain scripture.
I took it to an office store to have it printed and coil bound. There were so many pages that they had to divide it into two parts!
Besides the fact that I was concerned about losing the letters on the web I also enjoy reading things in hard copy. There a heap of wisdom in these letters that I can see myself looking up verses, making notes and some day passing it along to Megan. There is so much to glean that I foresee that this is going to help me in my quest to thrive!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

10 comments:

  1. Wendi that was a lot of work. You did a great job. Would you be willing to sell a set?
    I would love to buy a set from you. Have a blessed day my sweet Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say what Teresa said!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a set too, if at all possible. I'll pay all costs and for your effort in advance.
    It really is a shame Laines work is not published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beyond excited. I have been thinking on this to. I want my daughter to have them. I was already thinking of ways to do this. What a great idea. Love it. As mentioned above...I would buy it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will never regret downloading and printing them off. I have 2 binders full of them that I did the same thing with years ago. I am also missing some as I only copied down my favorites at the time. I wish I had done them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of these letters. Have I been living under a rock? Tell me more about what they cover. I can tell by the other comments that this is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH!! I love Laine's Letters!!! Oh how I miss reading them!! Some are still around?? Maybe you could contact her about making more of the ones you just made and selling them!!!

    His,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still would love a set of these..i will be willing to pay the cost of printing and shipping. Plus pay you extra to be a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any chance you could sell these?????? I JUST talked about this today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!