Thursday, January 28, 2016

Letting Go

I have had this muffin pan for years. Can you tell that it has been loved and well used?
I can tell you that it ceratinly is! I thought about using a SOS pad on it, but I am not sure it would really help. For one thing it has/had ;) a non stick finish and I wondered if it would start to flake. Plus baked on baking spray is one tough thing to remove after it has been baked on repeatedly. 

I have new pans. Two to be exact. They were gifted to me at Christmas from my mom.
I will be honest and admit I debated about letting this go. I know... yuck! 
Why is it when we know something is no longer good for us or meets our needs is it so hard to let it go? Trust me when I say this applies to much more in my life then a muffin pan! I can feel my heart changing this year. As this is happening I feel the need to let some things go. Not an easy thing to do, but I can see that it is neccessary if my heart is to truly change.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!



5 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    What a wonderful thought provoking post. Simple filled with so much wisdom. I also feel the same shift in my soul. I have so many things (physical and spiritual) to let go of. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am feeling the need to let go...of many things. I just had a work training seminar last Thurs. night that was all about taking care of ourselves and it was very much on target for me. Yes, letting go of things and non-tangible things (guilt, anyone?). By the way, I am in the process of cleaning out my pantry. I had EIGHT round cake pans. Yes, 8! 45 years of accumulation! I got rid of 5 and kept 3, I know I will never bake anything more that a 3 layer cake at one time. So, bye-bye, muffin pan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind is working thinking what use an old muffin pan could be put to... lol! I was thinking maybe you could use it in your garden for starting seeds? I think I have used an old muffin tin just for that very purpose. And yes, I do understand the need to let go of things... if I can't find a use for them, rather a necessity now that we have downsized into our tiny home. It is good to go through things and realize what is being used and what is not, and letting it go. I had to do that this summer as we moved, and it was incredibly hard, but things feel so much better now. I am still organizing, and going through things, but I have far less to do now, thank goodness! Blessings to you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading how the Lord is working on your heart. Letting go of things in our lives..prepare us for something He has for us. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally let go of my glass bread pan. Each time I used it, no matter how much I greased it, the bread stuck. Enough is enough! 20 years of stuck bread is my limit. Haha. I hope your new pans serve you well for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!