Monday, January 11, 2016

Keeping Home

The last couple of weeks I have been creating a routine and getting caught up on a few things. One of the things I am doing is making time with the Lord my #1 priority. My plan is to use my morning time to read through the Bible in a year. Not sure if I will make it 100%, but I am going to give it my best shot. 
I had fallen out of the habit of making a to do list every day. I am back at it and it really helps me to get things accomplished. There is something about marking items off of a list that motivates me. 
I had fallen behind on laundry with my surgery and Christmas. I am happy to say that is now caught up. I have a strong dislike for piles of dirty laundry. 
Doing load after load of laundry made me realize how low I was on my laundry supplies. 
I now have a full bottle of stain remover and a new batch of laundry soap. 
I have been staying home as much as possible. Not only do I save money by not being anywhere to spend, but I also get a lot of things done. I did go out one afternoon when my parents called to see if I wanted to go with them to the mall while they made a return.

 Mom needed to stop by Sams while they were out and I was able to stock up my flour supply. It is divided up and in the freezer. In a month I will move it to a food safe five gallon bucket. 
I have been consistantly following my menu. I am all ready to go for the week. 
Since my heart surgery my energy has doubled! I still have some things to work out so I feel 100%. I have been amazed by the difference it has made. It has helped me to get my desire back for keeping the home fires burning!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
Linked to:
Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth

12 comments:

  1. Oh Wendi, I'm so happy to read you have more energy, that is wonderful!
    Your menu looks good. I remember your menu holder and I like it so much, true words!

    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! A plan does make one have a sense of accomplishment! Have a great week. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi, so glad you are feeling better! I read and enjoy your blog. Hang in there- you're doing a great job!

    Kim from Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning!

    Please tell me about your food safe five-gallon bucket. And do you retain the flour inside the freezer bags, too?

    Thanks,
    mrskjdibble@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday Wendi!
    Visiting and studying the Word should always be #1 at the top on our lists. The day just seems to go much smoother if you've talked with God for the day. :)

    I love your menu planning theme and a perfect scripture too!

    It's so nice to stay home and get things caught up, I know when I'm gone for most of the day I get nothing done and I can't seem to focus on anything, that's including a nice dinner!

    I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better, that just makes the world of difference, doesn't it?

    Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Wendi! I haven't been in the blog world for months so I am surprised to read that you had heart surgery!? I'll be reading back in your posts to see what happened! I'm glad to hear though that you're feeling good. A friend of mine has tried to read through the Bible several times in the past, but she never would make it through. This past year she had set it as her goal, but she started in the back of the Bible and read through it backwards. For some reason, that really seemed to help her and she made it through in ten months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you are feeling more energetic. I am going to read my Bible this year, too. I am working on getting back into a good routine, too. I LOVE lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also trying to start my day off right and put Bible reading as a priority. Great idea to have a list every day. They help me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendi so good to read that you are on the mends. Happy to read that. I am planning to read my bible all the way through. I need to try making a list and see if it helps with getting things done each day. Take Care Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear your feeling better. I'd love to hear more about your stain remover, I use a bar of Fels Naptha for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you feel better. I love the flow of your morning. I am aiming to do those same things. Bless you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear your recovery is going well and that you are able to be so productive at home! What a blessing! :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays. We are glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!