Monday, January 25, 2016

Keeping Home with Gratitude

When you are home every day it would be easy to lose sight of all the wonderful things that have blessed you. Take my counter top for example.
 The glue came loose in one area and the loose area caught on something and broke. I could easily grumble about this. It has been on the list of things to take care of for some time.
It doesn't bother me in the least. Each time I wipe the counters or walk out to the garage and notice this I am grateful.

Grateful that I no longer have the blue counters under these.

Grateful that I counter space.

Grateful that I have a handy husband that will eventually fix this.

Sure there are those that live in magazine perfect homes but for most of us we live in an imperfect place. Now I am not saying there aren't days that I don't dream for that perfect place. After all I am human! Dreams are great, but if you let them become wants and must haves then you are setting yourself up for discontent.

In reality, I am grateful for a home full of family, love and life. Sometimes life gets messy and counters break. That is okay because things happen when you actually live in your home.

Instead of picking things apart and grumbling about it I am choosing to show gratitude!



May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


12 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    I appreciate this so much. I couldn't agree more! I try to practice this when I see things I wish was different, fixed, or better. What a wonderful grateful spirit you are encouraging us to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Gratitude is so important! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is where it is at Wendi! I love this post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...yes! Gratitude is everything! I've always said the same thing, our house is our home and it's filled with love and life. And things do break and things need fixed, but that's not what makes a home....

    Enjoy your days at home and may you be blessed each moment you are there.♡

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe...yes! Gratitude is everything! I've always said the same thing, our house is our home and it's filled with love and life. And things do break and things need fixed, but that's not what makes a home....

    Enjoy your days at home and may you be blessed each moment you are there.♡

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lazy woman commenting again!

    I have always wanted to make noodles. I think I’m going to have to give them a try soon. What is the reason for high priced potatoes? Walmart is crazy high on them right now. Our little flunky grocery store has been selling 10 pounds bags for $1.50 since before Thanksgiving. It kind of makes me wonder if there is something wrong with them. :) Of course, they don’t sit here for weeks at a time like they have in the past, so I guess I’ll not know if there is.

    I have small place on my counter that has broken off. I have no idea what happened to that little piece, but I’m thankful I have a pretty nice counter even it is old and ugly. I hope you have a great week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I , too, appreciate this post. I am thankful for my home, even though it is quite modest. My problem now is finding a handyman to do little "honey-do" jobs for me that I can't do! The man who has worked for me since my husband tied ended his handyman business last summer when he took a full time job. Now I am seeing lots of little things that need a small repair or something I can't do myself. I keep looking for someone! But, again, I am thankful I have a home to raise my son in. By the way, my counters look a lot like yours and they, too, used to be blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reminder to be thankful in everything! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, very true words. With all the sadness in the world today, I am grateful for my family and all I have. Including my ugly blue countertops, lol... but they prep the meals for my family and that's what matters most. Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outlook! One that I try to practice too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gratitude is a wonderful thing and so often overlooked as it can often be found in the tiniest oddest ways ! Wishing you an amazing blessed week ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!