Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.
Date night. Megan was in bed, candles were lit, I baked cookies and we settled in to watch a movie. We really enjoyed War Room and it was nice to take time to turn off the electronics, and snuggle together. We stayed up way too late after the movie talking. It was super nice.
There was no school on Monday so Megan made herself a cozy are where she played, rested  and watched some YouTube shows.
I looked out the window and saw a bunch of birds resting in the neighbors tree. Is this a sign that the birds are moving back in? I know that it is to soon for thoughts of spring, but a girl can hope!
 I surprised Megan with a breakfast tray that I served in the living room.
 When she first saw it her smile was priceless!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!



7 comments:

  1. So sweet! Date nights are so important :-) I still have birds enjoying berries from our trees and we feed them too. Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very happy to see you still check my blog and most happy to know you are still praying for us. We so appreciate it! I have been reading your blog all along but just haven't made many comments. I am hoping to change that. I miss keeping in contact with everyone. Thanks again for your prayers and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have heard the War Room is an awesome movie, and we hope to watch it soon. Your sweet surprise for your daughter was wonderful! So happy to have met you, and look forward to getting to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely time. Her smile was priceless. A little spoiling can make a baby really happy... even our older babies. ~smile~
    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Wendi. What a wonderful time with your hubby. We loved War Room. I know your daughter felt so special. How neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you and the hubby got some much needed "couple " time! Your daughter is darling and what a fun surprise ! Wishing you a great evening ~ Blessings Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!