Thursday, January 21, 2016

Homemade Noodles

Oh, my friends, if you haven't tried to do this then you must! Super, super easy. Let me share with you how easy it is.

The recipe:

2 eggs, beaten
1 t salt
4 T milk

Mixed together.

4 cups sifted flour
1 t baking powder

Mixed together.

Add the wet into the dry and mix until it forms a ball.

Making dough into noodles:

Divide the dough into 4 sections. Dust with flour and roll out each section. Roll, roll and roll some more. Then you are ready to cut noodles.
Several years ago I was gifted an attachment for my Kitchen Aid that makes a variety of cuts for noodles.
This gadet is fun, but not neccessary. Honesty, it is pricey and this cheap, um, I mean frugal girl would never spend that amount of money on it.
So, if you don't have one of these all you need is a pizza cutter.

You cut the noodles any way you want. I found that when I was hand cutting my noodles they were much wider then the ones I put through the noodle cutter. Either way they are both tasty.

Generally I make my noodles in the morning and then lay them out on a dish towel and cover with a dish towel to dry a little bit. You don't have to do this, but I find that it helps dinner time to not be so frantic if I do a thing or two before hand. Drop into boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. I have used these to make beef & noodles and chicken & noodles.

If you end up with more noodles then you need, No problem! You can put them into a freezer bag and then added them frozen to your next dish.

My next thing is to use the dough to make ravioli. I will you know how that works out if and when I tackle that. My advice for cooking for scratch is to just get in the kitchen and try. I have had a few disastered, but most of the time my family is very happy. Megan has already asked when we will be making noodles again!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!




7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make my own noodles for awhile and also been wanting one of those attachments ;-) Looks delicious I love things homemade :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some turkey stock yesterday. Maybe I should add these noodles. I know my family would love them. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade noodles are so delicious, your family will be happy eating them.
    I'll be following to see how your ravioli turn out. The last 2 bags I bought of frozen ones just weren't right. I think homemade filling will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing. I will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I am going to try these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!