Friday, January 29, 2016

Frugal Friday #2

I feel like I am running behind today. I am working on a project that is taking up quite a bit of time. Thankfully I am in the finishing stages. Anyway, here we go. I cashed in my Walmart Savings Catcher money to do some shopping.
Everything I bought on my shopping trip this week was sale items. I didn't get a picture, but I was able to get a few things to stock the pantry. 
After baking dinner the oven was opened to release the heat back into the house. Thus keeping the heat from cutting on just a little longer. Use caution when doing this. You know your children and if this would be a safety concern. 
My ride has spent lots of time here. I am still running on a tank of gas that was put in almost two weeks ago.

We had a few not so frugal things this week also. Like take out picked up on Chucks' way home from work on a night I had a terrible headache. We both regretted it and agreed that next time he would just come home and whip up some sandwiches or Hamburger Helper. I also made a splurge purchase and bought a Valentine type shirt for Megan while at the store. Yes, it is cute, but certainly not a need. Live and learn, right?

So there you go. I hope this encourages you to do things to save money. The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase. I find it ecouraging to hear about other frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!




7 comments:

  1. We may be too much alike (except you cook more than I do). I also open my oven door after baking to allow the heat to escape into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea on the oven. I understand so much on the situation on "picking up take out" because of an illness. I was just thinking about this when I went to the ER a few weeks back and it was very difficult because we didn't have any extra to spend at all and I had been stocking the pantry but only with "ingredients" to prepare things from scratch. Preparing scratch things was not up my husband's alley because he was taking care of me, kids, and house for days. I have learned I will stock quick foods like Hamburger Helper for ER's.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendi, Mailing your package for the book tomorrow. I open my door as well and let the heat warm up the house. Good to know I am not alone. My car sits in the driveway more then not. One tank of gas will last me 2 weeks...but there is times that it seems I go more then I would like too. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing with the oven door and my breadmaker after it is done baking the bread. :)
    My car sat for most of the week also, but we did make a run into the big town that has a grocery store to get some things. Sadly, our tiny farming town does not have a grocery store anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Always inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking as an older mother, if that Valentine shirt makes Megan happy, in 10 years you will not regret the money but will be happy you did it for her.
    Now the takeout, I expect you will always regret it :)
    We have random very busy days with family so we are learning to keep store bought ready made things in the freezer like chicken strips and pot pies. It would be cheaper to have homemade but store bought frozen things are good and still cheaper than takeout. Corn dogs are not my favorite but my grandsons love corn dogs and I was surprised the calorie count on them is lower than I expected and their protein is higher.
    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh please be careful to not post part of your account or pin. My husband works in the security field and accounts can be reopened, charges put on ect...

    As for the rest wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!