Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Working Wednesday

When Chuck and I moved into our first (and only) apartment we purchased a nice oak table. It was used for years until we outgrew it with my in home daycare. We needed a table with six chairs and since this table was an oval we didn't have enough room in our eat in kitchen the way the chairs sat around the table.

I have pretty much given up the childcare business (I have one long time family I provide after school and school holiday care for) so it was time to bring our favorite table back out. Chuck pulled it out of the barn and realized that it was really showing some wear. I have been busy sanding and adding poly to it.
It looks great!  A few more coats to go. I wish I could say the project would be done, but I still need to do the chairs. I am looking forward to having this table back in my home.

Let here what projects you are working on.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

3 comments:

  1. That is looking great! I love giving life to older pieces. Our latest project is redoing the swings for the girls. The other posts broke! Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have so many projects I need to do but haven't had very much free time lately. September is a busy month for me with returning to work. My last project was repainting a drink cooler on wheels. It was very faded from the sun but still functional. I was very pleased with the way it turned out.
    I love seeing all of the projects you do. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi that looks great! We have many started projects but nothing completed.
    Looking forward to seeing it in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!